Marc S. Levine
Phone: (301) 961-6464
Fax: (301) 951-8631
Marc S. Levine has been practicing law since 1992, all with Handler & Levine, LLC, and its predecessor firms. Marc regularly assists individuals and families in preparing their estate plans, including drafting their wills, revocable trusts, trusts for children and parents, powers of attorney, health care directives and other estate planning tools. He also represents Personal Representatives, Executors and Trustees in regard to estate administration, handling various decedent’s issues and assisting in the preparation of estate tax returns. Marc had an active litigation practice early in his career, primarily focusing on employment law, contract law, construction law and domestic work.
Marc is a member of the Maryland, Virginia and District of Columbia Bars, and regularly practices in all three jurisdictions. He is also an officer and Board Member for the Estate Planning Council of Montgomery County, MD. As part of his practice, Marc provides estate planning seminars to Federal Government employees through National Institute of Transition Planning, and he has presented hundreds of seminars for dozens of Federal agencies in and around the D.C. metro area, the country and overseas. Due to his work with the federal government, he has been granted a Secret security clearance.
Marc also represents small and medium size business owners in manners pertaining to their estate planning, succession planning and general business issues.
Marc graduated from Boston University with a B.S. degree in Print Journalism in 1988, and he received his law degree from the George Washington University Law School in 1992.
Marc is a native (third generation) Washingtonian, having grown up in Silver Spring, Maryland, and attended John F. Kennedy High School. He currently lives in Bethesda, Maryland with his wife, Susan, the Resource Counselor at Silver Creek Middle School in Kensington, Maryland, and their three daughters, Shelby, who is a Junior at Elon University, Josie, who is a Freshman at the University of Maryland, and Ellie, who is a Freshman at the Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School. He is involved in his children’s school, and is the Co-Chair of the Planned Giving Committee for the Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School. Marc is also a member of the Board of Governors and Executive Committee, at his synagogue, B'nai Israel Congregation, in Rockville, Maryland, where he serves as Parliamentarian.
- Estate Planning
- Testamentary Planning with Wills
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Trust and Other Planning for Families
- Probate Litigation
- Estate Administration
- Business Estate and Succession Planning
- Trust Administration
- George Washington University National Law Center, J.D., with honors, 1992
- Boston University, B.S., Journalism, 1988
Admissions to Practice
- Maryland, 1992
- District of Columbia, 1994
- Virginia, 1996
- Estate Planning Council of Montgomery County, MD (Board Member, 2016-2019, Secretary, 2019-2021, Vice-President, 2021-Present)
- Maryland State Bar Association (Estate and Trust Law Section; Estate and Gift Tax Study Group)
- Virginia State Bar Association (Trusts and Estates Section)
- District of Columbia Bar Association (Estates, Trusts and Probate Law Section)
- Montgomery County Bar Association (Estate & Trust Law Section)
Awards & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated, 2005-Present
- AVVO Clients’ Choice, 2017-Present
- Super Lawyers, Selected in Maryland and DC, 2018-Present